Friday, November 06, 2009

A Color Exercise

Just something fun for you.

  1. Go to http://www.colorquiz.com/
  2. Select your favorite colors in order of preference.
  3. Go on to the second part - you don't need to worry about the time wait this time.
  4. Select the colors in order of the frequency you wear them.
  5. Save the results you get.
  6. Wait a day or two (or at least a few hours).
  7. Take the test again, but this time pick the color the attracts your eye first as the tiles dwindle, wait the time suggested between parts, and do it again.
  8. Compare results.


While the first results may have some truth to it, if you're like me, the second results will be more accurate for your current situation. This is one of the techniques I have found in therapy art to be the most useful - going with the mind's immediate response versus going with what you normally would claim an affinity to.

One thing the "about" page misses is the fact that Luscher actually measured body responses to color too. His original subjects were wounded soldiers, if memory serves me right. I've lost my copy of his book during one of my moves. However, when I used to do this test with my own set of tiles, I found the chapters on physical responses very useful. It is rather interesting to see how people are more drawn to the psychological aspects. But then, the physiological results usually indicated problems not easily fixed, and therefore more depressing than the psychological results.

But like I said, I'm doing this from memory, since most of the online stuff about Luscher deals more with what I consider the more fluffy stuff. (Okay, I'm minimizing here, since to be honest, today's results were so on the nose, I would be hard pressed to get more accurate results.) However, I have found this site => http://www.luscher-color.ch/default.asp and once I get another set of color tiles, I'm thinking of checking it out. Well, if I have the money to spare too. I might be better off getting another copy of the original book again.

No comments: